East Carolina Behavioral Health works in partnership with people who face significant challenges regarding substance abuse, mental illness and/or developmental disability.
Our commitment is to provide consistently excellent, person-centered, family-oriented services within a recovery-based system that is flexible, accessible and respects the individuals freedom of choice.
||Our system of services is designed to be consumer-driven and responsive to the needs of the individual.
||We empower the people we serve with the knowledge and skill to use high quality organizational and community resources, while simultaneously seeking opportunities to eliminate barriers to services.
||The therapeutic and/or habilitative process is a working relationship among the consumer, the service provider and the LME that requires the trust, honesty, and participation of all members.
||We look for competence at all levels of daily operations, respect for self, the people we serve and others, and the integrity to maintain high ethical standards.
||We believe that each of our consumers has the freedom of choice, self-direction and access to the assistance which may be needed to become independent.
OUR WORKING PRINCIPLES
- Extend beyond what is required by being prompt, innovative, flexible and responsive.
- Seek to trust as well as to be trusted.
- Commit to work together as a group for a common goal.
- Try to find a way to say yes.
- Our physical environment reflects on the quality of our service.
- Show favoritism and partiality to all the people we serve.
- Seek out and take advantage of opportunities to move the organization toward excellence.